“Break the Floor” dance company founder Travis Wall was taking a leave of absence from the company Monday following an investigation into sexual misconduct allegations.
The National Center for Victims of Crime said in a statement on its website that a jury determined in a February 4 hearing that evidence would be sufficient to convict Wall on two counts of sexual battery. Wall was accused of groping a woman after a rehearsal in 2016.
A jury heard testimony from the woman who accused him of groping her and another dancer who said she had been in a consensual relationship with Wall, according to news reports from February.
However, Wall will not be prosecuted on the charges, Fox News reported. The case was handed over to the Manhattan District Attorney’s office because it was resolved in the criminal court, the district attorney’s office said.
One of the dancers claimed Wall came to the rehearsal dressed in women’s clothes and groped her in his dressing room before the “S.O.B.” performance. According to the lawyer for the dancer, the woman was not trained in the company’s performance rules, which prohibit having sexual contact between dancers while on stage.
Also on Monday, ‘Break the Floor’ dancers were said to have staged a walkout at their preview performance. No reason was given.
Meanwhile, Wall and the “Break the Floor” company are taking a leave of absence from the production, a spokesperson for Break the Floor said.
The production company also had no details on when Wall would return, but said a replacement would be announced soon.
The dancer who alleged the assault did not comment on the verdict, and the dancer who said she had an affair with Wall didn’t comment.
There was no attorney to represent Wall at the hearing, which was not a trial. The woman who accused him of groping testified on Feb. 4, according to the Associated Press.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.