‘Covid attack:’ Christmas market in Munich evacuated after deadly terror attack

British news site guardian.co.uk reported that the Christmas market in Bavaria has been canceled in the wake of a series of attacks by so-called “Covid attackers” which left 11 people dead and 14 seriously injured.

The attack, the latest in a string of such attacks in Germany, took place Sunday in the city of Ansbach, south of Munich. Police said on Sunday they arrested two men, aged 23 and 22, in connection with the attack.

A statement on the Christmas market site said it would close the whole week after the attack because of “an enormous amount of hate mail.”

The murder suspect, identified as Ali David Sonboly, went to a local mosque after the attack and told a member of staff there that he was an angry Muslim convert, according to the unnamed imam, who claimed he saw the suspect during the hour after the attack. The local mosque said in a statement on Monday, February 12, that the suspect had been an “unmoved visitor.”

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the Ansbach attack shows it is necessary to draw attention to the links between extremism and hatred of the freedom of people. She said the attack would have an impact on a European security.

“All Germans, especially in Bavaria, must ask themselves how they can do more to integrate new immigrants,” Merkel told a cabinet meeting on Monday.

Follow Trend on Telegram. Only most interesting and important news

Leave a Comment